Sequin Crazy!

Hey everybody! Happy Friday! It's Taheerah here with a card to kick off your weekend!

Do you know how awesome Neat & Tangled sequins are? Very awesome, that's how awesome! Danielle started this trend way back when we were all thinking 'Sequins? On a card? Instead of rhinestons? What?'

I don't think I've used a single rhinestone on a card since. Heh.

So for my card today I wanted to celebrate all things sequin! And what better way to do that with a fun shaker card?!


I love how this turned out!!


I wanted to create a super-fun sequin background to start with, so I used the sequin stamp from Photo Booth to do just that! I went with a more masculine colour scheme because, well, why not?!


I then had loads of fun picking out which colour sequins to use! There are so many I'm pretty much spoilt for choice! I opted for colours that closely matched my colour palette, and complimented those with stamped sentiment circles from Everyday Circles - kinda like giant sequins in themselves!


I sandwiched all my sequins and sentiments with a sheet of acetate to create the fun, full-card window! I adhered that to my base and added some hand-drawn faux stitching and I was all done!

I hope this card brought some sunshine to your day! Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments

  1. what an awesome card.. love the sequin crazy... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you clever girl...this card is wonderful. Very happy...lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! I LOVE who this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love shaker cards and this one is just darling! I love the sequin images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...and what are rhinestones? :)
    Great shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! I love your shaker cover with the faux stitching - super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea for a shaker card. Beautiful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, Taheerah! Love all the sequin goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! This shaker card is so cool and unique! Love Taheerah's style:)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top