May Guest Designer: Debby Hughes!

Happy Friday friends! I am so excited to announce our May guest designer, Debby Hughes! You might know her better as Lime Doodle :)

She will be joining us Fridays through the month to share some of her gorgeous projects! So onto the magic! Debby has created two stunning watercolor cards to share with you today. These could serve as great inspiration if you are currently taking the latest Online Card Class: Watercolor for Cardmakers!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hello! Debby here and before we jump into looking at cards I wanted to thank Danielle for inviting me over here to Neat & Tangled this month :) I was so excited to receive a N&T parcel of goodness that when it arrived I literally dived straight in! I made two cards using the same watercoloured style background but slightly different techniques.
Watercolour is totally hot right now (Online Card Classses are running a great class) and when I reached for the oh so trendy Tiny Triangles set I knew they would be the perfect combination! For my first card I watercoloured the background using Hero Arts spays for the colour medium and when dry gold heat embossed the Tiny Triangles over the top. The sentiment strips use the You + Me set and are also gold heat embossed, trimmed out and attached with foam adhesive over some loosely gathered white thread.
For my second card I started by clear heat embossing the Tiny Triangles and then watercoloured around and over them, letting the heat embossing resist the water and colour. This time I white heat embossed the sentiment strips from You + Me onto dark grey card and used them to trap some silver thread onto the panel.

Thanks for joining me today and I look forward to being back later in the month :)
Supplies - Stamps Neat & Tangled you + me, tiny triangles; Inks - Versamark; Card - Tim Holtz Distress watercolor, Simon Says Stamp fog, slate; Sprays - Hero Arts butter bar, pale tomato, pool, green hills; Embossing powder - Ranger super fine detail clear, super fine detail gold, Hero Arts white; Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh, Studio Calico lemon lush; Thread


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I don't know about you but I'm ready to go break out my watercolors right now!  Thank you Debby for getting our weekend off to such a bright start :)

4 comments

  1. Stunning cards ..with awesome water colored bgs ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw-dropping gorgeous! Love love the eye candy! Congrats on the guest design, Debby! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these cards! Congrats on the guest design, Debby! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top