Spooky Frame

Hello hello!!

It's Linda here, and I'm going to show you a fun home-decor project you can make to get your place ready for the upcoming Halloween holiday!


I took a plain white photo frame from Target, and covered the frame with Multi Matte Medium to prep it, then used Distress Stains in Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot, to give it a rustic, darker look.

I wanted the frame to look as old and used as possible.  I even  used my heat gun to dry the Distress Stains in between each layer, and I made sure to hold the heat-gun as close to the frame as I could, which made the paint and stain, bubble and blister a little. It looks at least 20-30 years old now close up.

Once I was happy with the frame colour, I found a font online that was spooky enough and printed out my "sentiment" on my home printer. You could use a postcard/holiday card or even a page from a children's book to do this too, with great results.

Next I took several images from the Halloween Scene Stamp set, stamped them onto Neenah solar white card stock.  I then colored them in (or around the edges) with Copic markers, before cutting them out.

Using my ATG gun and dimensional adhesive (in varying layers), I adhered the stamped images to the inside matte of the frame and the 'sentiment' section. The ghost sits flush with the matte, the moon and cloud are at increasingly raised levels, to give some fun dimension.

Next I took the stars from the stamp set, and stamped them all over the inside of the glass, using Black Stayz on ink, and when dry, I added some silver Stickles to the stars to give them real shine.


The stars look so fun in real life, and having them directly on the glass, gives great dimension.

Finally I stamped "BOO" repeatedly around the outside of the frame. You could easily leave this step out, and then use the frame again for another holiday--just switch out the images inside.

Well I hope you'll give your stamps a new meaning, and try using them for fun home decor projects like this one. If you do, please be sure to add photos of your project to our Flickr gallery, we'd love to see what you make!

Thanks so much for joining me today!

See you again soon--

Linda x

10 comments

  1. Love love love this!! So cool and spooky, and the inking around the frame is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO-at least 20-30 yrs old now. Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just AWESOMESAUCE!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so brilliant! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Linda, it's a great project! I love all the layers in this little frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! Love the distressed frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and fabulous Halloween home decor :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top