Mixing and Matching

_DSC0020

Hi everyone! It's Suzanne here today with a couple of cards that I made doing one of my favorite things: mixing and matching sets. Last night I sat down and put all my Neat and Tangled sets in front of me, trying to think of ideas and this is where my mind took me.

On my card above, I started with the gray cardstock and thought that the perfect way to cheer it up would be with a rainbow theme, so I stamped the chevron image from Little Tangles in a variety of rainbow colors, starting at the bottom of the card. Once I got to the top, I stamped the sentiment from Just Hello and added the ribbon and the bling.

_DSC0013

And for my second card, I got a little more creative. I started by repeating the envelope from Just Hello in a pattern along the bottom panel of white cardstock, and once I got to the top of this card, I stamped one envelope in green, opting to turn this into a holiday card by adding the sentiment from Sweet Home and Santa hat from Hey Cookie. I added some glitter to the hat and mounted this onto some textured Bazzill cardstock.

That's all for today, but we hope to see you again very soon! Have a fun day!

13 comments

  1. awesome cards...love those chevrons..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mixes and matches! The Santa hat on the envelope is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards both of them. Love the black ribbon on your chevron card and the colours you used. Santa's letter create such a fun card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh , these are gorgeous CAS cards, love them both! Love that simple beautiful black bow and the perfect way you tied it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what stamping at its best! With a great idea like Suzanne's, anyone can stamp! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous!!
    Love them both...
    the rainbow chevrons...
    the fabby green envie wearing it's Santa hat...
    and that bow is to die for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both wonderful, Suzanne. I love the big ribbon and gems on the first and the perfect gradient stamping. The second one is simply adorable and creative too; Santa hat on the envelope....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word!! Talk about getting creative!!! LOVE both cards!!! SO clever!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne is the most creative girl...who would have thought of turning some envelopes into a Christmas card? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these cards Suzanne...but since I always try to pick my favorite I have to say it is that great envelope card! I love it. So creative...love the green envelope at the top and that you put a Santa hat on it. So cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love how you stretches those stamps! love it when the sets can interplay so well. Great way of thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top