Fractal clouds and Cotton Candy Skies with Cheiron


Hi there crafty friends. It's Cheiron here and today I have a card featuring another throwback Neat and Tangled set (that is on sale now!) the Fractal Cloud stamp set. I thought it would be fun to pair it with a colorful sparkly sky and I was inspired by the images of "cotton candy skies" on Pinterest. This card takes a little extra time to make because of the ink blending and masking, but believe me the end result of crisp white clouds is so worth it.


To begin, I stamped the Fractal Clouds in Versamark ink and embossed them with Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder. I also stamped them onto masking paper and cut them out and masked the embossed clouds.



Once the masks were on, I began the ink blending, starting lightly and then building up my layers until I had the "sky" that I wanted. I used Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet.



When the panel was inked how I liked it, I sprayed the entire panel with a generous spraying of Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle and dried it with a heat tool. Once it was dry, I stamped the sentiment with Black Soot Archival Distress Ink. I love the look of the sparkly sky on this card and hope it will put a smile on the face of whoever receives it!



SUPPLIES:

1 comment

Back to Top