Vellum Overlay Card with Daria Grushina [VIDEO]


Hello-hello Awesome People!

Daria here. Today, I am playing with Grateful Heart stamp and Delicate Dots Background Stamp. And again I have a very simple to make yet elegant card to share. Moreover, I've managed to film a short video process for you. Hope, you'll like it. Here is it:


And some more close-up photos:



I started with heat-embossing. I used a left-over piece of vellum from previous project and heat-embossed the Delicate Dots Background Stamp in gold embossing powder from Hero Arts over a vellum from the latest Over the Rainbow Assorted Cardstock Pack.



Then, I stamped a flower from Grateful Heart stamp set over my card-base with Versafine Onyx Black. I love this monochromatic pattern, and I actually already made a card using it. If interested, you can check it out here. There is a video too.


Maybe you remember, that I had a left over flower from previous project, so, I've decided to use it today. I coloured the flower cluster from Grateful Heart stamp set with alcohol markers in light shades of lilac.  Then I used coordinating die to cut it out. 


As about sentiment, while I was making this card and shooting a video, I thought that these dies are still available. But, unfortunately not :((( I am very about that. But, that is a great chance to look into your stash and find something similar. There were a lot of similar designs at Neat and Tangled over a past few years: Awesome, Amazing, Celebrate, Hooray, You are Pretty, Hello...  Good news, that those coordinating stamp sets are still available and you can get them a super discounted price. Here are the links for Just Because and Love Notes stamp sets.


I finished it up with a few banner shapes made with Skinny Stripes die set, just to add that extra something. I glue everything to the vellum using foam squares behind the flower and sentiment. Then I used Tombow Adhesive tape dispenser behind the flower and banner to overlay my entire vellum piece to the stamped cardbase.


That's it. Hope you like these simple idea and will give it a try. 
xoxo

6 comments

  1. I like the use of the stamp to create the background. The vellum and dots works so well. Great video on the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much! happy that you liked it!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love the elegant look of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! The touches of gold are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top