Heat Embossed Calathea Print Card with Cheiron


Hi there crafty friends, it's Cheiron here and today I have a fun Calathea patterned card for you featuring multiple colors (and some multiple layers) of heat embossing. I have not used my Calathea set in a long time, and I thought it would be fun to use it to make a pattern in non traditional colors.
For this card, I used a panel of the light pink card stock from the Over the Rainbow Cardstock pack.
I stamped the leaves in black and grey ink and embossed some of them in white to create the first layer of my pattern.


Once I filled the panel with the a pattern of the big leaves, I added layers of embossing powder in Watering Can, White and Cotton Candy Speckle on top of the solid leaves. To do the embossing, I went over the entire panel with an Embossing magic pouch and embossed each color separately. So I embossed all the leaves I wanted white, then heat set them. Then I did the same thing for the grey and heat set them, then embossed the pink. It does take a bit of time to do each layer, but I think the end result is work the effort, and gives it a totally different look than the green leaves we normally see.


I definitely dove into my stash for this one, and used some of those fun colored embossing powders that I forgot about! I hope you will take some of your favorite layering stamps and try this out for yourself using your favorite colors.

SUPPLIES:

1 comment

Back to Top