Galaxy Background Cards with Cheiron

Hi there crafty friends, it's Cheiron here with a fun watercolor post for you. A few weekends ago I took a fun class to learn how to paint Galaxy Backgrounds. I wasn't too happy with my first try, but used it as a learning experience to make a few more by practicing my painting skills and getting a bit better each time. Today I have a simple card for you featuring a piece of the first Galaxy Background I created. I painted it large on a 9 x12 piece of watercolor paper, then cut it up so I could make a few cards from it. 


To complete the card was really simple. I added some stars cut with the Seeing Stars die that were cut from Gold Foil Cardstock and a simple sentiment from the To The Stars stamp set. These backgrounds would be great with the clouds, the constellation or any of the other adorable critters in this set.


I saved the other panels and will turn them into cards too. This type of simple card is great when you really want the technique to stand out. It's the perfect way to send a piece of your "art" to a friend.



SUPPLIES:

2 comments

  1. Ooh I love galaxy cards!! Yours is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card! I love you galaxy background. :) I like that you painted it on a larger piece of paper so you can make multiple cards!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top