Introducing September Guest Designer Michelle Short



Hi everyone!  We're so pleased to Welcome Michelle Short as our guest designer this month.  Michelle has a delightful clean and simple style and excels at composition.  She has the knack of pulling you right into the focal point of the card and is an amazing colorist.  We're so glad to have her this month!  Here's Michelle to tell you a bit more about herself and her card for today:

Hello, I’m Michelle Short. I am a part-time nurse, part-time card maker from London, UK. I have been making cards for about 15 years now and I still love it! My style is clean and simple and I absolutely love stamping and colouring. I am so excited to be guest designing with Neat and Tangled, I love their products and I am honoured to be asked to join in for September.



My card today uses the adorable Wild Ones Stamp Set, along with the coordinating Nice and Neat dies. As soon as I saw this set, I knew I wanted to ink it up! It is perfect for birthday cards for all ages. All of the animals are adorable but I decided to use the monkey for my card today.


I started off by stamping the monkey and coloured him in using Copic Markers. He was then cut out using the Wild Ones Nice and Neat Dies. I needed to create a background for him and I thought a subtle grass and sky scene would work well. I blended Distress Inks on to some Bristol cardstock and then splattered over a little water for some interest. Once dry, I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the Big Top Birthday Stamp Set on it using black ink.


The background piece was added to a white card base with foam tape and then the monkey was added on with foam tape also. To finish off, I added a couple of sequins from the Mermaid Tail Mix, along with one from the Ocean Waves Mix. Lastly, I coated the balloon in shimmer pen and then Glossy Accents for some shine. Thanks so much for stopping by today, see you next week!

7 comments

Back to Top