Big Hugs with Michelle Short


Hi everyone!  It's Friday and we have another beautiful project from our September guest designer Michelle Short.  Here she is to tell you all about it:

Hello there, Michelle here and I am delighted to be sharing another card with you today. My card uses the fabulous Big Hugs Die along with the Star Stencil.

I love embossing with stencils and thought the star one would make a fabulous background for the Big Hugs Die. I embossed the stencil on to a piece of watercolour paper and the sprayed the piece with shimmer colour sprays. I wasn’t sure whether to emboss before or after the sprays but I am glad that I did before, as the colour ran in to the different embossed edges and made some interesting effects.


Whilst the background was drying, I took the Big Hugs Die and cut it three times from white cardstock. Using liquid glue, I stacked these up one on top of another. I cut down the background piece and adhered it to a white card base with foam tape. The Big Hugs die cut was then added on top.


As you can see, it is a really simple card but I love how the background shines and the sentiment pops off of it. Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you next week!

6 comments

Back to Top