Gilding Flakes with Oak Leaf and Landscape Duo Stencil


Hello everyone,  It's Bibi Cameron here and I'm glad to share a new post with you today with a couple of ideas to create easy paper-craft projects using Oak Leaf stamp set and Oak Leaf die and Landscape Duo Simply Stencil.

 I had so many ideas when I got the Landscape Duo Simply Stencil in my hands. I was a bit intrigued too and I wanted to try several things with them. 

I was experimenting a little bit and I understood that you can use these stencils to create amazing colorful geometrical backgrounds just by overlapping them in different ways and adding different inks, mousses, spray  paints or you can even heat emboss a nice background by using the stencil with clear Versamark Ink and embossing powders... Perhaps you could also go further and have some fun building seasonal scenes with mountains and a sky, or try to mix and match the stencils with Landscape Textures stamp set. The Sky's the limit!

So when I was experimenting with the Landscape Duo Stencil all my attention went into using the stencils to create metallic paper using Gilding Flakes and I had a terrific time doing this...  it is so relaxing! I hope you don't mind I invite my toddler  Emma to join me and she also applied the flakes but she insisted she wanted to use the Ballon Duo Stencil instead so that's what we did in the video here!


I made a couple of tags/ toppers to embellish a treat bag,  a present, a box and I also made a card using the same design elements.

Below a few pictures of the quick and easy  projects in the video



That's all.

I hope you enjoy the projects, the video and to be able to inspire you to give this technique a try!

Happy Crafting
X
Bibi

SaveSave

7 comments

  1. Lovely! I can think of some applications of this idea to the Christmas cards I'm making. And Emma shows real promise as a crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to used that stencil, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your ideas. I would have never thought of using a stencil like that. The copper makes the whole thing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Great new way to use stencils!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top