Black and White with Pops of Color



Hey friends, it's Nina-Marie here with you today featuring some of the newest Neat & Tangled stamps and dies in a fun birthday card!



I love rainbows and bright happy colors; they make you want to smile when you see them! In today's card, I've used black and white to my advantage, allowing the neutral colors to let my rainbow sentiment and bright, round baubles to take center stage... the impact of the colorful elements against a neutral background is really incredible!


I started off my card by die cutting the stars from the new Lucky Stars die set all over the left side of my white card panel. After cutting the stars, I placed a piece of silver glitter paper behind the stars and stamped some smaller stars among the larger ones using silver ink.


My celebrate sentiment (from the new Celebrate die set), is die cut using white cardstock that I colored with Copic markers in a rainbow color scheme; I layered a total of six of these words together to create a more solid sentiment. I also placed the outline for the word celebrate behind the die cut words and glued it directly to my card. Next I heat embossed a coordinating sentiment from the Celebrate stamp set in silver onto black cardstock. I cut the cardstock into a banner and popped it up off my card panel.



My colored baubles are die cut using the circle dies from the Scandinavian Prints die set; I love the whimsical feel of the circles and thought these would be a great fit for my card, adding to the festive feel. I colored the circles with Copics, covered them with clear Spectrum Noir sparkle, adhered them to my card with a mixture of foam and liquid adhesive, before finally adding a coating of Glossy Accents over top for a nice finishing touch.

I hope you enjoyed my inspiration for creating bright, happy cards using the new Lucky Stars dies and Celebrate stamp and die sets! Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me... I'll see you again very soon!

SUPPLIES: 


SaveSave

5 comments

  1. Love the pops of colors. Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors, love this card design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really, love how its black and white but then you have all those pops of color. I love how colorful everything is! What an amazing card1 I want to make one kind of like this. I don't have a die cutting machine but I think I can still do this. Thanks for showing us how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pops of colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nina ~ Love the subtlety of the background with the happy, bright colors of your "celebrate" and "baubles" in the forefront. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing and inspiring. ~HUGS~

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top