Stenciling with Perfect Pearls

Hello there!

Mayuri here to share a card using the gorgeous Hexastar Stencil from the May Release!

©Candles in the Garden. May 2016 Neat and Tangled post. Hexastar Stencil and Perfect Pearls.

I love the geometric design of this stencil and can see myself reaching for it again and again to create awesome backgrounds! This card took no time at all to put together - I began by laying the stencil down onto some dark coloured cardstock and stamping all over with the Versamark Ink pad.

©Candles in the Garden. May 2016 Neat and Tangled post. Hexastar Stencil and Perfect Pearls.

I lifted the stencil away and brushed some gold Perfect Pearls over the sticky areas - I didn't mind the unevenness of my stamping (near the edges), as it give the overall look a sense of depth.

©Candles in the Garden. May 2016 Neat and Tangled post. Hexastar Stencil and Perfect Pearls.

I gently wiped any excess Perfect Pearls with a dryer sheet and trimmed the panel down to slightly smaller than my card base. Before foam mounting the panel, I swiped the Versamark Ink pad along all four edges of the card base, and again brush with the Perfect Pearls. This gave me a nice matching border...

©Candles in the Garden. May 2016 Neat and Tangled post. Hexastar Stencil and Perfect Pearls.

I wanted to keep the sentiment simple so that the focal panel could really be the star of this card, so I stamped one from the Origami Map set onto a strip of the same dark cardstock with Versamark, sprinkled with gold embossing powder and heat set. I trimmed the sentiment piece down and foam mounted it to the card front.

©Candles in the Garden. May 2016 Neat and Tangled post. Hexastar Stencil and Perfect Pearls.

To finish, I added a selection of Summer Sun and Gold Mix sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments

  1. What a pretty card! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing, I am SO INSPIRED, NEED to try this right NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and gloriously pretty card with a sentiment that is sure to bring a smile!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top