Ink Blended Hello!

Hi friends! Danielle here!

So a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to catch up and spend some time with lots of lovely ladies, including design team member, Laura Bassen.

While we were crafting I was able to snag a one on one ink blending lesson from Laura herself! I always wondered how she got those soft and dreamy backgrounds, mine honestly always look a splotchy, streaky hot mess. Well, those days are over!

So this card is my first attempt at the soft ink blending technique, putting into practice some tips from Laura. The main thing is to hardly use any ink and just blend blend blend to build the color. She also told me to just practice, practice, practice! I blended a few Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, and Evergreen Bough) and then die cut our Hello There die.  I popped that panel up on some foam, and carefully put in those little cut out pieces so that the "hello" would be legible. I finished it off with a few drops of water and some Copic opaque white ink splatters.

Thanks for taking a look!

xo
Danielle

9 comments

  1. This is just stunning, Danielle! You nailed it for sure! How fun to enjoy time with crafty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's VERY pretty and soft! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice...that's what I need time for right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice...that's what I need time for right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you mastered the ink blending. Your card looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blended like butter would Laura say... Beautiful, I love the soft pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...looks amazing! BUT...copic opaque white? New product? Love the white splatter look!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top