Flowers

So, a month or so ago I ordered a silicone mold from Mold Muse on etsy.  I love the look of resin, but wanted to try it with clay first before I invested anymore $$.  So, here's the result...

I first tried it with a whitish-gray shimmery clay, so easy to do!

 Then I decided I wanted to try to color the clay.  I figured alcohol inks might work...


Semi-success...I tried to make it purple, but it ended up more of a bluish.  I would have had to use the whole bottle of ink if I wanted it to be a dark purple like I was trying for. Next time I'll just buy different color clay.

Then I thought to myself, "Hmm...maybe I could paint them with alcohol ink".  Another partial success. I'm pretty sure it could have turned out better (more even color), but I was too lazy to walk downstairs to get a paint brush.  I just put a few drops of alcohol ink over the top of the flower and tried to use a paper towel to get it in all those little petals.  Not too bad.

Can't wait to add these to cards or make them into cute jewelry.


5 comments

  1. Holy cow! These are magnificent! Clever you. I sure wish we had neet stuff like this down in Australia. Can't wait to see these darlings in action. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look cool! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flowers. I haven't been brave enough to give these a go, but they'll look fab on a project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theys DIY flowers are fantastic - what a brilliant idea...look like a success to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fun to make, aren't they? I think I've tried them in six or seven shades so far. They make super cute earrings! Great job on yours!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top