Negative Die-cutting for Layering with Daria Grushina

Hello-hello Awesome People!

Daria here. Today, I am again playing with Grateful Heart stamp and Butterfly Beauties die.  This card was inspired by my previous project, that you can ind here. I used negative die cutting for a card with patterned butterfly. Then Kelly Latevola transformed  this idea into four amazing projects. 
You may find Kelly's post and video is here. So, it was Kelly, who inspired me and made me thinking, may I change it further. 



I was watching her video and had a thought: what if to use the same idea in reverse and to colour not the peaking part but the whole front panel. 


So, I took the little flower bud from Grateful Heart stamp set and stamped in over a panel of white cardstock to make a patterned look. I added a few dots here and there to fill the space in between the images. for this matter, I used these stamp sets: 


Then, I coloured all the buds with watercolour pencils and added some Wink of Stella marker to blend it out. I die cut butterfly using Butterfly Beauties die from my panel and also from light blue cardstock from Over The Rainbow Assorted Cardstock Pack and from Gold metallic cardstock.  I am using negative parts of the die for my project. I cut the negative parts from blue and gold paper in two pieces and then adhered them behind the coloured panel. I used foam tape to make layers and dimension with peeking effect. 


The sentiment is from the Grateful Heart stamp set. After stamping a sentiment, I cut off little parts from my negative die cut to make the sentiment more readable. As a finishing touch, I have added a few sequins in gold. 

That's it. Hope you liked it.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time,
xoxo,
D.

3 comments

  1. Fantastic ! Great roll on of creations from your original wonderful design. Love it when ideas just spark off more ideas. Thank you for the inspiration. Stay safe & healthy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Andrea! thank you for writing and letting me know you like it! Means a lot.

      Delete

Back to Top