Belated March Release projects

Hey everyone, Mayuri here to share my cards for the March Release!

First up is a card using the new Scandinavian Prints set - I experimented with stamping the images using Dylusions Ink Sprays, and absolutely loved the result:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled March Release

I began by spritzing a piece of watercolour paper with water and then carefully adding a couple of drops of Funky Fuchsia ink spray to my craft mat. I then tapped the largest solid stamp from the set into the ink and stamped onto the damp paper.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled March Release

The ink plumed in some areas, whilst staying solid in others. I also did the same thing with one of the smaller circular images but this time with Pure Sunshine ink. I heat set the panel, and then stamped over the inky plumes with black ink and some of the outline images for a dramatic result! The sentiment was heat set in white on a strip of black cardstock and adhered to the front to finish off.

For my second card, I used the Hexastar Cover Plate to create a clean and simple, layered paper effect.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled March Release

I die-cut the pattern out of three different coloured pieces of cardstock, and then trimmed each one apart at various points of the design. I then layered them on top of each other to create what looked like a mountain scene.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled March Release

I applied Glossy Accents in small areas to adhere the pieces together, as well as to a white card base. I stamped a sentiment from Scandinavian Prints below the die-cut piece and added some sequins from the Gold Mix sequin collection.

For my last card, I used the Hexastar Cover Plate again, but this time as a stencil. I die-cut it out of some slightly thicker cardstock, and swiped through some Chartreuse Iridescent Creative Medium (Imagine Crafts) onto a dark navy panel and set aside to dry.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled March Release

I stamped the image of the boy and teddy from Better Together with Archival Jet Black ink onto a piece of white cardstock and then coloured them in with Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Pens. I fussy-cut them out and set aside to work on the sentiment.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled March Release


I trimmed the stenciled panel down to slightly smalled than the card base and foam mounted to the front. The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of white cardstock, trimmed and also foam mounted. To finish, I adhered the focal image next to the sentiment!

I hope you enjoyed these projects! Thanks for stopping by ;-)

5 comments

  1. OMG - Mayuri's first card is over the top beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so colorful and I love that. I love all the cards. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super love these, especially the first one..WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top