A Blog Named Hero Week - Day 1



Hey everyone!  This week we're collaborating with A Blog Named Hero.

They are showcasing projects created with Neat & Tangled stamps and we're playing along with their current challenge, Metallics.

Today Miriam is sharing a card created with some of the new July release products.



I thought I would pull out some of my July new releases for this card.

It's slightly larger than A2 size (4 1/2" x 5 3/4") because I wanted to show the full A2 background.

The Faceted background was stamped with Versamark to get a very light tone on tone background, and then I stitched over the lines with silver thread.  Then I adhered the entire panel onto my card base.

The You Can Do Anything die was cut three times from Steel Gray cardstock and once in silver.  The Steel Gray pieces were adhered together and then the silver piece was adhered just slightly offset.  The entire piece was then attached to the card.



I went back and forth on how much to embellish and ended up just going with a small smattering of sequins.

We'll have more great metallic inspiration for you tomorrow.  In the meantime, be sure to stop by over at A Blog Named Hero to check out what their team is creating this week and don't forget to play along too!

13 comments

  1. Sweet card, love the stitching!! And the metallic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply BEAUTIFUL!! Love the dimensions from the die! And let's not forget all that stitching....it is absolutely brilliant, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam this is outstanding!!! YOU can do anything ... my stitching would be a tangled mess!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this and it is incredibly cool and amazingly awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING, Miriam! All that stitching is amazing! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!!
    LOVE how you stitched the background, LOVE the POP of the silver sentiment & sparkling sequins too ... LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!!!! Love that die too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, are you kidding me with this card??!! It is over the moon gorgeous! Looks like a labor of love. Every element and design decision is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top