Fresh Blooms Poinsettia


Hello! It's Mary Dawn and today I've made a card using a set from the first ever Neat & Tangled release: Fresh Blooms. I think the flowers in this set, when colored and layered, make THE perfect poinsettia. 

I colored my flowers with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pens, I used DR1, 4 & 5 for the flower. And for the leaves, I colored the same flower image with CG4 & DG4. I fussy cut my images and layered them to create my poinsettia. The sentiment is from Simple Christmas

To finish off my card I added a punched flower center and some teeny punched dots from some gorgeous DCWV glitter paper--zero glitter comes off, it's fabulous!

Have you started your Christmas cards yet? Are you already finished?


7 comments

  1. That is a awesome card. Already finished my Christmas cards. Just have print the mailing labels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! I completely agree--that stamp makes a wonderful poinsettia! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Mary Dawn! I love the shimmer on your poinsettia and those sweet little glittery dots...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning!!! Love that gold accent and how beautiful these flowers are to make a poinsettia! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower and I like the embossing. Adding the glitter dots looks great on the flakes. Wonderful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top