Pizza for $3.00? Sign me up


Mmm

Since we are now a one income household I'm more mindful of how we spend our money.  I will admit I used to be a brand whore, meaning I always bought brand name, well known products.  I guess I always figured if it is so well known and the company has the $ to launch such extensive marketing and ad campaigns it must be good.  You would think I would have learned after my hair was still frizzy and limp, that that wasn't necessarily true.

 My how the tides have changed.  I'm a regular at the dollar store and I don't discriminate against store brands anymore.  On the other hand, I have become very particular about cleaning products (all natural) and food (organic), but I'll buy shampoo for $1 without thinking twice. Needless to say, I am always on a mission to do things cheaper and I'm always on the hunt for a bargain.  I wouldn't call myself 'stingy', I like to think I'm being 'cost effective'.

This new attitude, combined with my do-it-yourself nature, caused me to re-examine all our meals to see if I could save a buck or two.  So, I figured I'd share my finds with you.  Let's take pizza for example.  I already refuse to eat delivery pizza for the most part because it's expensive and not that good (except on South Street).   We had already switched to making our own using those pre-made crusts which run about $5 for a pack of 2.  Not terrible, but that's just the crust, no sauce, cheese, toppings, what have you.  I decided to try to make my own crust. Low and behold....I made an entire pizza for $3. I'm really stickin' it to the man now!

I made a whole wheat dough (so easy), cheese, green pepper, Canadian bacon, sauce, and some spices.  (The sauce was store bought, that's next on my list)  DELICIOUS. Below are a few pictures chronicling my adventure.

It has risen!

All sauced up and ready to go

With all the fixins'


Viola!

No comments

Back to Top