Sending Love with Koren Wiskman


Hello everyone. Koren here today. I have another love card for you. I always say, "love ins't just for February". We should spread love all year long. So that's what I'm doing today, with the Neat & Tangled Mail Background stamp, Love Notes, and Jump for Joy stamp sets.

I started with a piece of Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Classic Crest cardstock cut to size 4 1/4 by 5 1/2. I loaded it and the Neat & Tangled Mail Background stamp into my Original MISTI. I stamped the background onto multiple panels to have extra to cut apart. I then cut the panels down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4.

I traced with a thick black marker onto the panel that I used to cut the bottom and the top pieces from. I took one background and decided where I wanted to cut to create and interesting background for my focal image to be in. I wanted it to feel like he was jumping, sliding, playing, whatever you think of, inside the pile of love mail.


Once the two parts where traced out, I simply used my scissors to cut them out. I then went back in with the same black marker to brush the edges of the cut out pieces with black ink.

Before adhering the pieces together I used my alcohol markers to color them. I have listed the markers used on this card below in the color map.



To create the background I used one full mail background, then a piece of vellum to dull the intensity of the color. On the vellum piece, I stamped the motion lines onto the vellum layer using black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I added the top and bottom cut out pieces with foam tape to pop them up.

The sentiment was cut using the "love" die from the Neat & Tangled Love Notes Dies, cut from black and white cardstock. I cut the "love" word die four times and layered them together with liquid adhesive. Then placed them on the black shadow using the same adhesive. The "sending" sub-sentiment was stamped with embossing ink and white heat embossed. I used my paper trimmer to cut it down into a strip.

The bunny was popped up using an action wobble within the action marks previously embossed on the vellum.

I hope that I've inspired you to share some love in a creative way.

Koren


5 comments

  1. Adorable card! Love that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the use of the background stamp to cut up. Great addition of the wobble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design Koren ! You're correct in these times we need to be sending lots of love you or positivity cards x Hope you & your family stay safe x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top