Introducing our March Guest Designer, Francine Vuillème

Hi crafty friends! Francine Vuillème here! Maybe some of you already know me as I was part of the Neat & Tangled DT in 2016. But for those who don’t, here is a bit more about myself.


I live in Switzerland in the wonderful Three Lakes Region with my husband and our sweet little Papillon dog called Max. I’m also a cat lover (I always had cats before having Max but trust me… he is a cat in a dog body LOL). I couldn’t live without animals by my side and cuddling them makes me SO happy! I’m bilingual in German and French.

Crafting is a form of meditation for me and it reminds me of my childhood. People say that my creations are clean and colorful but I like playing with different styles, mediums and techniques. It depends on my mood and inspiration. I love coloring, creating watercolored or ink blended backgrounds, making splatters, using stencils, thinking out of the box and adding rainbow and bright colors to my designs.

For my first spot, I decided to feature the Paint Night stamp set. Here is what I came up with:


I started by creating a watercolor background using Distress inks and watercolor paper. Once it was dry, I cut the panel down to size and adhered it to a top-folded card base using tape adhesive. Next, I stamped the images in black ink, as well as the sentiment. The sweet girl and the sentiment are from the Paint Night set. The sand bucket from the Beach Day set became a paint bucket. The butterfly is from the Mommy, Daddy and Me set. I cut the colored images using scissors and adhered them to card front using foam tape for more dimension. To finish off my card, I added a tiny red heart to the sentiment and Wink of Stella clear glitter to the images.

That’s all for me today! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and my card inspiration. Special thanks to Neat & Tangled for having me as a guest and see you next week with a new post!

6 comments

  1. Love the rainbow and the flesh tones ...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you & your work. This card is so colourful & happy, do like it alot. See you in your next post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super colorful and awesome card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top