Stacked Just Because with Koren Wiskman


Hello everyone. Today I have a cute high-contrast card that brings attention to the details. I'm using the Neat & Tangled Just Because stamp set and coordinating dies, as well as the Mail Background stamp.  I also threw in a little Sophisticated Enamel Dots to finish it off.

To start, I loaded the Mail Background red rubber stamp into my Original MISTI. I do this because I like the security of a stamp positioner when stamping my background stamps. I almost always stamp them twice to get good coverage. The MISTI is my go-to stamp positioner. I stamped it with a light gray hybrid ink that works with alcohol markers. I didn't want the background to be too busy so I wanted to attempt to color this with light lines. I used my alcohol markers to color the hearts read and to lightly shade the areas where the envelopes are just so you can tell that they are back there.

Once the background was colored I trimmed it down to 3 1/2 by 4 3/4.  To subtly increase  the appearance of the background on the card, I cut a piece of vellum to the same dimensions to go over the top of the background. In-person the background is nicely represented, which is kind of hard to capture on camera.


The Just Because stamp set and its coordinating dies are one of my favorites. I love the big bold "love you" word die and it's companion shadow die. Together they fill a card front nicely and it makes my job designing them very easy.

For this card, I wanted to stack the layers of my word die to have striped layers of black and white. I cut the shadow first from black cardstock and then the word die itself. The "love you" is actually made up of three separate sections. The "L" is one section the "ove" is another and then finally "you" is one of its own. I cut the word die five times two from black cardstock and three from white cardstock. Starting with the black base of the shadow I then stacked them in alternating layers white, black, white, black, and finally white on the top. I used liquid adhesive to layer them together allowing a little time for it to dry with an acrylic black resting on top to keep them flat and snuggled nicely together.

The entire word die was then added to the vellum using liquid adhesive. This gave me a great area to add adhesive to the vellum and attach it to the background. To keep the adhesive hidden only add the adhesive behind the word die. This gives it plenty to hold on to and it looks nice.

As for the sub-sentiment "xoxo" I stamped the smaller of the two xoxo's included in the Just Because stamp set onto some bright red cardstock using clear sticky embossing ink. I then heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I cut it down to a strip using my paper trimmer and added it to the card panel using a double layer of foam adhesive. I had to double the foam to get over the height of the stacked word die and nestle it nicely under the "you".


I then cut the two hearts also from the Neat & Tangled Just Because coordinating die set in two shades of red, a light, and a dark red. I thought this would give it a little more interest.

I added a sprinkling of Sophisticated enamel dots in black to really set of the black and white contrast.

I added the card panel to a light gray card base cut to size A2 and scored in top-folding portrait orientation. I used white craft foam and tear tape adhesive to stick it on and give it a little dimension as well.

I hope you like my card project today and that I've inspired you to create using these fun love-themed products from Neat & Tangled.

Koren

1 comment

Back to Top