Video: Christmas Card with Negative Die-Cut Background

Hi crafty friends! It's May here sharing a fun Christmas card, inspired by the technique I used to make this card last month. 


To create my own die-cut panel, I used the various sizes of star dies from Scored Shapes Dies and Little Bit Dies. I spend 40 minutes on die cutting only. I almost gave up, but I'm glad I didn't.


I stamped the angel image from the Little Angel stamp set, colored it with Copic markers, die cut it with coordinating dies, and mounted it on the card front with foam tape.


I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Ornaments stamp set with watermark ink on a piece of black card stock, and heat embossed it with Ranger super fine white embossing powder.


This is a video showing you how I created my Christmas card. You can watch the video tutorial here or in HD on YouTube


I really love how my card turned out. I hope today's card inspired you to create something fun using negative die-cut background. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!

7 comments

  1. I'm glad you didn't give up either! This is AMAZING!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the patience of an angel, May! and your card is angelic in every way... darling design!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. DELIGHTFUL card May!!!
    It was worth EVERY minute die cutting the background - WOW - LOVE IT and your ADORABLE angel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has definitely inspired me May. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a great background. Love the use of the dies....and your coloring on the little angel is so nice. Great design...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background! I wish I had die cutting machine so I could do that. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card!! Love the star cutouts and that sweet angel!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top