More November Release goodness!

Hi everyone!

Mayuri here to share my projects for the November release - I didn't get to take part with the DT because I was off filming a class for Craftsy! But, I had to play with the new stamps and dies, and show you what I came up with ;-)

First up, its Bright Baubles:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Bright Baubles / Happy Holidays

This card uses one of my favourite techniques, where I take one image and stamp it repeatedly with Distress Inks. Here, I laid down an oval mask in the centre of a card base and used the christmas tree branches to stamp all the way around.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Bright Baubles / Happy Holidays

I then removed the mask and stamped the large sentiment from Happy Holidays with black dye ink in the centre. I paired it with one of the smaller sentiments from the same set and created a few Glossy Accent embellishments with the small bauble images from Bright Baubles. Next up, Christmas Journaling:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Christmas Journaling

For this card, I stamped one of the sentiments from the set with black dye ink onto a piece of the Cosmo Cricket 'Just Add Watercolor' paper, which I'd already added some colour to. I filled the sentiment in and stamped a couple of the stars from Happy Holidays.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Christmas Journaling

I also die cut some stars and hearts from the panel using the new Little Bits dies before foam mounting it to a card base. I had already sponged some Delicata Golden Glitz ink on the base so that it would show through the little die cut apertures! To finish, I die-cut a sentiment using the Happy Holidays die from some gold foil cardstock. Here's what I came up with for Happy Ornaments

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Happy Ornaments / Happy Holidays

This card was really fun, quick and easy to create - I began by white heat embossing the decorative bauble from the set onto a piece of cardstock, and simply smooshing an acrylic block on top! First, you cover the acrylic block with a few dots of ink (reinkers or Dylusions Ink Sprays work really well), and mist with water. Then, you quickly stamp with the acrylic block on top of the embossed area - when you remove the block, the ink starts to move around and blend together!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Happy Ornaments / Happy Holidays

To finish, I added a sentiment from Happy Holiday and a few sequins! Here's my card showcasing Little Angel:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Little Angel / Classic Tag 1

I used the Classic Tag 1 die to create a tag out of a Distress Inked panel from my stash, and then stamped the Sunburst image with Versamark ink. I lightly brushed the stamped areas with gold Perfect Pearls for some sparkle! I used the Seeing Stars die to add a layer of die-cut stars beneath the tag and adhered both to the card front. 

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Little Angel / Classic Tag 1

I stamped a sentiment beneath the tag from Little Angel and then stamped the angel image onto watercolour paper. I coloured her in with Distress Inks before die-cutting her out with the matching die and foam mounting her to the tag to finish. Here's my last card, using Merry Little Christmas:

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Merry Little Christmas / Sanata's Ride

A simple bit of 'messy' watercolouring can make any stamp set go so far, and that's what I did here. I began by stamping a sentiment and the presents from both Merry Little Christmas and Santa's Ride with Archival Jet Black ink, and then adding some loose ink splats with Distress Inks. For some interest, I also went in with a white gel pen to add a bit of detail.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled November 2015 Release - Merry Little Christmas / Sanata's Ride

That's everything for now! I really hope you enjoyed my take on the November Release!

Thanks for stopping by ;-)

6 comments

  1. gorgeous cards! Love your use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I so love each and every one of them! COLORS are so essential in stamping and you nailed it, Mayuri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so pretty and colorful. I love all of them but I especially love the one with the embossed ornament and the one with the colorful tree branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards love the ornament one and the angel is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top