Gift Card in a Box



Hi!  Miriam today with a quick and easy card to make your holiday gift giving a little easier.

Can you believe that Christmas is only a month and a half away?

I'm trying to get a jumpstart on things.  We generally give our teachers a gift card along with something little for Christmas.  Since I'm already feeling a little pressured for time I wanted to create a card that is special, but easily reproducible.

Enter the Box die.



Seriously so simple, cut/assemble the die, two sheets of patterned paper, a stamped sentiment (from the Out of the Box set), slip in the gift card and you're done!



In terms of assembling the box die, when I'm putting a critter of some tissue paper of other 'stuffing' in the card I'll adhere the tabs around the back of the card.  This gives the box a little more depth/space inside for the contents.  For a card like this where I'm slipping in something nice and flat, I fold the tabs and adhere them to the inside of the box.  I would use either liquid adhesive (the kind where you press the applicator down to release the blue liquid, my favorite is CTMH Bonding Memories adhesive) or some of that really sticky red line tape.



The box is also the perfect size for slipping in a check or some cash if that's the stage of life your kids have reached.  Mine are not yet there.  They spent a great deal of time researching the Target toy catalogue over the weekend.....

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments

  1. These are wonderful, Miriam!! I just may need that die now! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FABULOUS Miriam!!!
    ... another reason for me to get this awesome die :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so mad right now! I want to make this card because we are doing gift cards this year for some people but I don't own a die cutting machine. Is there another way to do this card? Everyone would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea Miriam, now I'm thinking that I def need this box die too))))

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top