Gardenia Hello

NT 5.8 01

Hello! It's Rubeena, and I'm here to share one more guest post with you on the Neat and Tangled Blog today! Today I used one of my favorite techniques - inlaid die-cutting! I started with the Gardenia Blooms Journaling Card stamp set and stamped the image using my MISTI onto watercolor paper. I used Versafine Onyx Black so I could heat emboss with clear embossing powder since it's a black pigment ink. I colored with Mission Gold watercolors and set it aside to dry.

  NT 5.8 02

Once it dried, I die-cut 'hello' using Hello There Nice and Neat Die. I die-cut it from black cardstock as well. This would be the piece I'd insert in place of the watercolor version. In order to do that, I'd need to glue my image onto a sturdy base. I fussy cut around the journaling card and glued it to the center of a folded A2 card base. The best adhesive to use is multi medium matte since it dries clear so I used that to insert the black 'hello' die-cut and the negative pieces. Finally, I added some Pearl Satin Sequins.

  NT 5.8 03

I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration! Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments

  1. Perfect mix!! Gorgeous card, Rubeena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy seeing your art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - this is GORGEOUS!!! So blooming beautiful!! Way to go, Rubeena!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top