Cozy enough for Christmas?

Hi there, Chari here today with a cozy Christmas card. It's not too early to be thinking about Christmas right? I mean there are Christmas decorations already in all the stores...right beside the Halloween candy.  Weird right? Anyway, I felt that I needed to show some of the new Neat & Tangled Christmas stamps some love for my post today so I dug out some Basic Grey Nordic Holiday papers that I had not yet used and got to work.

MerryChristmas

I thought that the "North Pole Certified" stamp from Santa's Notes would make a great background so I stamped it in red ink on one of the more solid paper from the pad.  Next I white embossed the trees & the sentiment with the frame onto the green.  To create the short tree I simply stamped the image with Versamark then used my Versamark marker to draw in a second bottom to the tree before applying the embossing powder.  This was my first time embossing with my versamark marker and although it may not be as sticky as the pad, if you don't flick the paper too hard most of the embossing will stay on where the marker was used.

For the sentiment I did some selective inking to stamp only the frame from the nice, naughty & undecided stamp from Santa's Notes.  Then I used the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Let it Snow set.  This is a good way to stretch your stamps and get more out them.  Since the frame design of this stamp is not seasonal it would work for any sentiment or image.

The finishing touches are some added fired brick distress ink around the edges of the panel, some stickles on the trees and (sweater) snow, rustic twine and silver liquid pearls in the dots of the frame.  Definitely a cozy Christmas feel to this card con't you think?

SUPPLIES:

10 comments

  1. Cute as can be! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So warm and welcoming. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That North Pole stamp makes a great background -- and makes me want that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat card. Simple but elegant. Like the
    North Pole background also. Like the size
    of the Merry Christmas Stamps. All mine are
    real big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chari! This card is so warm and cozy... I love it! So clever creating the trees of different sizes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute, Chari! I do love that North Pole bg and i just bought myself some xmas stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Chari! I like the white on the patterned paper; very clever and striking. Great idea to create your own stamped background too.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top