Suzy Plantamura - Better Together

Hey everyone!  You're in for another treat today.  Our August guest designer Suzy Plantamura is back, and today she's showcasing our Better Together stamps and dies.  Here's Suzy:

I’m back today with my second guest blog post for August with another “one stamp, five ways” post. Today I will be using the Better Together stamps and dies. I’ve made five cards using different background techniques to share with you today.


My first card is made out of white watercolor paper. I stamped several of the two sized hearts on the background using Versamark Ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I watercolored around the hearts with turquoise watercolor adding a little extra paint inside the hearts.


I stamped the images on white cardstock using a light tan ink. I colored them in with Copics blending in the light ink I stamped with so there are no outlines. I stamped and embossed the sentiment with bright pink embossing powder. Last, I attached the title at the top and bottom of the card and attached them two girls to the center of the card. I finished it with some blue and clear sparkly sequins around the hearts.


I started this card by watercoloring stripes on white watercolor paper using greens and blues.  I splattered it with water before it was dry so the colors would run together. I also added some turquoise splatters.


I also watercolored a small stitched rectangle. I embossed my sentiment, cut around the edges and attached to this rectangle. I stamped the little girl on white cardstock with black ink and colored her in with Copic markers. I attached her to the left side of the rectangle and added some twine.


I actually used patterned paper for this background instead of watercolor for once! I layered the patterned paper with white cardstock and then rubbed Distress Ink on a stitched oval for the final


I stamped the images on white cardstock with black ink and colored them all in with Copic markers. I attached them to the oval and then stamped the sentiment and some small hearts around the images. I added some sequins around the oval to match the card.


For this shaker card, I started by creating the background using a stencil and texture paste. I colored the paste with green Distress Ink and then rubbed it over a dotted stencil. I die cut a circle from the top and used this for my shaker with sequins inside. I glued some green twine around the outside edges of the circle.


I stamped the sentiment on a small oval die cut and embossed. The little boy and his cute fox is stamped with a light ink and colored with Copic markers with no outlines. I attached the oval and the boy to the bottom of the card.


My last card takes me back to my favorite watercoloring techniques for backgrounds. I watercolored one rectangle with blue and another piece for the ground with purples. I layered them over a white cardstock rectangle on the card front.


I watercolored a banner with pink paint and embossed the sentiment on it with white embossing powder. I stamped the girl, bear, and hearts with black ink on white cardstock and colored them in with Copic markers. I attached all of these images over the background.

You can visit my blog for more details on how I made these five cards. I’ll be back one more time in August using another wonderful Neat and Tangled stamp set! Have a great week! Suzy

7 comments

  1. oh my goodness...sooooo SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, they are so colorful and adorable! My mailbox and I would love to receive a card like any of these. Nice job, Suzy! Love the shaker card the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! Beautiful coloring! I love the personalized outfits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your no outline colouring! It has such a storybook look. Gorgeous cards! Such darling details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards!! LOVE the images and the bright cheery colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top