Watercolor background with gesso

Hi everyone! This is Yana sharing another card with you using fabulous Neat & Tangled stamps. I really like the Hope Anchors the Soul stamp and I've been experimenting a lot with it lately. 

So here is a card I came up with a couple of days ago - I created a watercolour background around the large heat embossed sentiment.


Gesso helped me to keep the watercolour background not very bright and it also added some texture to my card. 
Here's a video showing how the card was done. Enjoy! 



If you do like this video, please like, comment and share it with your crafty friends! Thank you!

8 comments

  1. I loved the card you made on the video. It is fesh with such a gentle feel with all of the blue shades. I especially liked how you described what you were doing step by step and you told why. For me that is important. Your voice sounds good on the video. Make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how clear your videos are and description of what is going on. I like the colors of your finished card and the sequins are great. The stripes are just right for framing. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I am excited to try this technique. Thank you for the wonderful and detailed video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I have some gesso that I haven't used and this is the perfect time to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this!!!! Thanks for sharing and the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and card - need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. found this card on pinterest and so glad i did! your video was awesome! I'm going to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top