Sparkle, shine and Thanks


Hello, hello! Mayuri here to share a card I've made using a couple of awesome Neat & Tangled sets!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled DT post. Sparkle, shine and Thanks.
As you might have noticed, watercolour is all the rage at the moment, especially in the cardmaking world and I must admit, I'm still trying to get my head around it. So for this card, I began by drawing a circle on some watercolour paper and then filling it in with some masking fluid - the card was inspired by this pin, and I thought the concept would work perfectly with any of the Neat & Tangled sentiments!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled DT post. Sparkle, shine and Thanks.
Once the masking fluid was dry, I painted liberally all over the watercolour panel with water and then added droplets of Dylusions Ink Sprays, concentrating it around the outer edges of the circle.

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled DT post. Sparkle, shine and Thanks.
I moved the panel around to encourage the ink to move around the page and create this cool watercolour look. When I was happy, I heat set it and then added a few inks splatters. Now, here's the bit that I was hoping would have worked brilliantly...when I went to remove the masking fluid, it seemed to peel away some of the paper too! Aghhh! I was determined to keep going, so I cut a circle out of another piece of watercolour paper and foam mounted it over the area where the masking fluid was. Is that what's known as card surgery?!!

©Candles in the Garden. Neat and Tangled DT post. Sparkle, shine and Thanks.
I stamped the sentiment from the Stop and Go set some of the stars from the Sparkle and Shine set in Black Soot Distress Ink and then went over with some clear Wink of Stella. There's also a sprinkling of some black satin sequins...

Thanks for looking!

8 comments

  1. ha..ha I loved this card surgery :D !! Awesome card..Mayuri !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Love! And I would say the 'surgery' went perfectly well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutly stunning, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out beautifully! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. The colors are wonderfully rich and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really amazing effect and colors. I bought some masking fluid recently but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for sharing your experience, I will try to be as careful as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card looks amazing! I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bright and bold card! The masking is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top