a little Sparkle a lot of Shine.


Hello!  It's Amy T here with a quick and inexpensive gift!

First I should start by telling you that I ♡ Target.  Like with most things I do, I'm pretty methodical in my shopping habits...hit the $ Spot first.  Head for the clothing and end with the groceries.  I'm sure that many of you are the same, right?

They had these gorgeous kraft & gold journals a couple weeks ago.  Yes, I'm now kicking myself that I only bought one.

I was going to heat emboss onto the cover of the journal but wasn't sure if I was going to ultimately like the look so I embellished a vellum envelope and made it into my fav, a shaker card:


I have always been such a fan of Danielle's sentiment stamps and couldn't resist heat embossing the "a little sparkle a lot of shine' in gold onto a tiny tag that I cut from Strathmore watercolor paper.


I did a quick color wash using salty ocean distress ink.

Do you see the envelope?  It's been filled with Neat & Tangled Flat Matte Gold and Summer Sky Satin Sequins.  I popped in an extra die cut from My Minds Eye Market Street, that's what the #SO EXCITED is also from.  

The shaker is 'adhered' using a tiny clothespin.

A perfect gift for a friend that is having a Baby Boy!  I had her gifts sent to her {thanks to the Target Baby Registry} but wanted to also send her a card to the Baby Shower that I'm unable to attend.  This journal could come in handy with little thoughts and aha moments she'll be experiencing with her bundle of joy!







Thanks so much for stoppin' by!

19 comments

  1. Fun and different shaker. Love the color wash with the gold sentiment, very elegant... details matter :). We have this "gold over blue" saying, it has a similar meaning to "cherry on top", do you say this expression too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cris. I haven't heard the "gold over blue' saying but honestly I didn't grow up learning any kind of sayings...I wonder how they came up with that? Sounds interesting! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. That Amy T is awesome! Such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool idea. The journal looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! I'm especially pleased with it since it was from the $ spot!

      Delete
  4. Love it! I hardly ever shop at Target anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry and I can't believe you don't shop there. I can't imagine not shopping at Target...sigh.

      Delete
  5. This is really gorgeous! I am a huge fan of altering items, and this Target $ Spot notebook is such an awesome choice. LOVE that shaker card and great idea to clip it with the tiny clothespin. This is fabulous, Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top