OCC Watercolor for Card Makers Homework Day 1 + 2

Hello friends, Danielle here! And Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Popping in quickly to share a card I created for the latest Online Card Class: Watercolor for Card Makers. This was my homework from Days 1 + 2, creating watercolor backgrounds.

To create my background I cut a piece of watercolor paper, and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and laurels in gold. Are you wondering where that sentiment stamp came from? Well, you're just going to have to wait until our May release to get your hands on it ;) May release will start May 19th! So not too much longer!

After stamping and embossing I mixed some of my favorite watercolors to create a sort peachy pink color and started painting. I decided to add some greens and more saturated peach to the leaves and flowers. I let it dry over night and then mounted to my card base.
So Blessed
If you are into watercolors or interested in learning more or just seeing tons of inspiration then I highly recommend the class! I'm going to try to post some more of my homework later this week!

Thanks for visiting!
Danielle

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous card! Fabulous sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! Watercolor sure makes a great background.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Danielle, what a lovely card and I just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Danielle! I am taking the class too, and I totally love it! I am learning so much! I can't wait to get my hands on that beautiful new stamp! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Danielle! Can't WAIT to see this release - I'm already in love with that sentiment!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top