May Guest Designer: Debby Hughes!

Hello friends! I'm here today with another gorgeous project from our May guest, Debby Hughes!  I absolutely love this card - what a great use of Stop and Go!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Hi Debby here! I'm so happy to be guesting again this week. Last week my cards were all soft, organic and watercoloury (that's a real word right?). Well this week I'm going clean and graphic with the fabulous Stop and Go set. The stop signal is stamped and copic coloured and then I used two masks to get the red signal with heart inside. The first mask is a die cut heart from stamping mask paper and for the second I stamped the stop signal on the masking paper and carefully cut out the signal area. By placing the heart mask in the center of the signal area and then the other mask around the signal area I was left with an spot I could set to with some Barn Door distress ink and a mini blending tool :D I was so happy when I lifted the masks to see a perfect heart shaped stop signal!
I stamped the small 'stop' from the set in the center of the heart and then created the sentiment from a silver glitter die cut 'you' and more stamping to finish the sentiment. This set is great that way, lots of options for you to combine to make your own sentiments :) Finally I added some die cut silver glitter hearts and a few enamel dots before mounting the panel on a dark grey card base to bring in the same tones as the metal from the signal.
Thanks for joining me today and I look forward to being back next week with my final guest post :)
Supplies: Stamps - Neat & Tangled stop and go; Dies - Simon Says Stamp you, large holiday shapes, small holiday shapes; Card - Simon Says Stamp slate, Neenah solar white 110lb, DCWV glitter card; Ink - Versafine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black, Distress Ink barn door; Tim Holtz mini blender tool; Inkadinkado stamping mask paper; Doodlebug ladybug enamel dots; Copics - T3, T5, T6, T8



6 comments

Back to Top