With Thanks from Betsy Veldman


Happy Friday friends!  We're so glad to have our March guest designer Betsy Veldman back with us today, but sad that this is her last week sharing with us!  She has created an absolute stunner for her final project!  Take a look:

One of my favorite stamping techniques is medallion building, so when I saw the Medallion Flower Builder set, I knew it needed to come home to me! This set is a dream come true for the medallion building technique. 


I started off by marking the center of a panel of white cardstock using a ruler and some light pencil lines. I started stamping in the center with the six-petal flower, and started building from there, using the pencil lines to make sure everything is straight and evenly spaced. 

Once I had the center flower stamped, I masked it off with a circle cut from scrap paper before continuing to stamp the outer petals. This just gives a bit of a different effect - more of a medallion than a flower. 


I used my MISTI to stamp things multiple times for good ink coverage, and to incorporate a bit of shading into the images. What a fun card to make, and I can see using this same design over and over in all kinds of different color combinations!

3 comments

Back to Top