Puppy's Favorite Things with Betsy Veldman


Happy Friday!  Our guest designer for this month, Betsy Veldman, is back with a sweet watercolored birthday card.  Check it out:

Today's card uses the adorable Puppy's Favorite Things set. How cute is he? I diecut the puppy from watercolor paper, then stamped with a light gray ink so I could watercolor it. I love creating watercolored backgrounds for my cards, so I added a rectangle to go behind the puppy, also cut from watercolor paper. 


I added some grass and clouds to the sky with some simple watercoloring. I love the little die from the set that allows you to cut his hands to hold one of the objects from the set - how clever! I diecut, stamped, and watercolored the small present for him to hold. 


I decided it needed a bright, colorful background, so I watercolored some polkadots using a polka dot stencil as my guide. The sentiment, also from the Puppy's Favorite Things set is the perfect finishing touch.

9 comments

  1. WOW! the background is so nice...
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE, Betsy & OH WOW!!!! I thought you used designer paper for the polka dots! SUPER JOB on this cutey!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, I love this stamp but struggle coloring it. I need to keep at it I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring and so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the cutest puppy! I love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top