Eggstra Special with Keeway

Hi crafty friends! It's Keeway here today to share a little shaker card Spring inspiration with you! I love digging through my stash to remind me of the all the older sets, and the one that caught my attention was the mini stamp set Eggstra Special. I love this little chick!

I stamped him and the egg in Milk Chocolate hybrid ink and colored them up with copic markers. Then, I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out.



One thing I accidentally discovered as I was working on the March release projects was that the leftover zig zag pieces from using the Square and Chevrons Cover Plate come in handy in creating patterns in the background, as used in one of my March release cards. But it also gave me ideas of using it to create a large egg with a zig zag design! This can be done with a large oval shaped die, which I used on an A2 sized white card for start. Then I used it again over the two zig zag strips such that I can inlay it in the oval.


My background is blended with Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey distress oxide inks. I heat embossed my sentiment from the same Eggstra Special stamp set in silver. And I filled the shaker up with the Light and Luminous Sequin Mix. I just adore this mix!

I always love it when I can integrate some excess pieces from previous projects! Hope this gives you a little inspiration to check those scraps before they make it to the trash can. Have a lovely week!

6 comments

Back to Top