Medallion Flower Builder Hi with Jessica Frost-Ballas


Hi friends! Jess here again with my second guest post this month! Over the course of the month I wanted to share projects that are very true to my personal style. My first card last week used alcohol inks and sparkly embossing powders and today’s focuses on more of my great crafty loves: sequins and metallics!

I love the Medallion Flower Builder die set and thought it’d be fun to play around with creating a pattern with only two dies and a variety of colored cardstock. Using the Peacock Feather sequin mix for inspiration, I cut the two sizes of leaf dies using white, navy, sky blue, matte metallic gold, and turquoise cardstock and popped out the insides of each leaf. I started my design in the top right corner by building the five pointed flower using each color of cardstock. I adhered those near the corner with liquid adhesive and then started arranging the design outward. I tried to vary the cardstocks randomly so that the design would be symmetrical but the colors would be more random. 


Once the design was built I wanted a simple but bold sentiment so I die-cut the HI using the Journaling Alpha dies. I cut each letter three times and adhered them together. Then I pressed the letters into versamark and heat-embossed them with clear embossing powder to create an enamel-like shine! I adhered them to the card panel and finished the card with a sprinkling of Peacock Feather sequins!

And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

-Jess

2 comments

Back to Top