Soft Winter Colours With Debby Hughes


Hi, it's Debby here today with a soft, muted winter palette using the new Christmas Pageant set.


To start this card I stamped the little tree girl and little boy snowman in Intense Black ink and coloured with Copic markers before die cutting with their matching dies. Rather than the traditional bright green and aqua colours I might normally have reached for I decided to go with a more muted palette of olive green and a soft blue. 



I dressed the colouring in white gel pen dots for the cheeks, Wink Of Stella clear glitter pen for the scarf and Glossy Accents for the baubles. 



For the sentiment, I stamped the large Merry Christmas from the Christmas Pageant set in clear embossing ink on Lipstick Red card and white heat embossed before trimming to a banner. 


For the background, I blended Blush ink through the Radiating Star stencil on to a white panel of card which I adhered to a Desert Storm card base. I then added a couple of Stitched Slopes which I'd gently rubbed Sand Dunes ink along the edges. I added the two cute characters and sentiment with foam adhesive

I stamped and die cut a trio of snowflakes from the Christmas Pageant set which I again rubbed a touch of Sand Dunes ink around the edges. As a final touch, I added a few Snowfall sequins. 

Thanks for joining me today and I'll see you next time!

5 comments

Back to Top