Leaf Wreath 2 Ways | VIDEO | Natalie Elphinstone

The countdown to Christmas is well and truly on, and I'm trying to stay ahead by making as many cards ahead of time as I can.
Today I want to share with you the simple idea I had to create some holiday wreaths using your Neat and Tangled supplies in new ways.


For the two cards I'm demonstrating today I used the Medallion Flower Builder stamp and it's matching die set. I love to use non-holiday themed supplies for Christmas cards because it proves to myself what a good investment these pieces must have been if I can use them in so many ways! LOL!


For the first card I chose the largest leaf from the set and stamped it in a circle with Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink, using masks where necessary. Very quick and simple, and looks so effective. I finished it off with some gold 'berries' and a red bow to make it really Christmassy!!

And for the second card I used the matching Medallion Flower Builder Die Set and cut out a series of leaves from watercoloured paper. The best bit about using dies to create a wreath like this is that you can play around with the arrangement a lot more before you stick them down. It gives you a lot more versatility than just the stamps, or at least - it doesn't require as much pre-planning ;-)


There you have it! Two different ways to create a wreath for your Christmas cards using non-Christmas supplies. And what I love most about this idea is that you could recreate it using ANY leaf stamp or die you might own. I'm seriously considering making a version using the Magical Day stamps, or the feathers from Calathea!

In my video today I'm going to show you exactly how I constructed both cards, and how quick it was. Certainly it was quick enough to consider making these in bulk if you had the need.

        

Well I hope you enjoyed this idea. I'd love to see if you give this a go, so post a link in the comments! And may your Christmas season be blessed with more much love and joy than you can contain.
xx
Natalie

Supplies: 
Medallion Flower Builder Stamp Set
Medallion Flower Builder Die Set
Classic Tag 2 Die Set
Get Yeti Stamp Set


2 comments

Back to Top