Watercolored | Nancy Damiano

Hey there Neat and Tangled fans, it's Nancy with a pair of watercolored cards. Let's take a look at two very different look colored with the same medium. The first card is very clean and simple with a side of cute!


I used the new Schoolhouse stamp set to create this friendship card. I stacked three of the images so that the little mouse could "write" out the sentiment. I used a black pigment pen to create some swirly lines under and above the mouse to connect him to the design.

I used Kuretake Gambai watercolors to color in the images. I used very little water to get a very vibrant wash of color. I left some of the edges white to match the whimsical feel of the stamped images. It's a bold look for a clean card.


Now let's go in a completely opposite direction and use watercolors to add a very loose, flowing wash of color. Here the You're a Gem stamp set was used with white embossing powder to create a border at the bottom of the card. This offers a nice resist effect when layered with watercolors.



I used a clean, wet brush to add some water to the background and then added pink, yellow and orange watercolor paint. A spray bottle was used to spritz the paint to blend it. I love how all of the nooks and crannies in the gems filled up with beautiful color!

I love using watercolors to create very different looks. I like variety and this medium really delivers!


5 comments

Back to Top