Squirrels Can Do Anything


Hey everyone!  We're so happy to be welcoming our May guest designer Therese Calvird back to the blog today.  Her cards today will have you smiling for sure, here she is with all the details:

I’m back today with some of the cutest squirrels on the block, these little fellas are from a fun set called My Favorite Nut which is cuteness overload.

I took the clean and simple road today. For my first design I thought it would be fun to stamp the nut image directly onto some wood design paper.



Then I stamped it a second time onto some white cardstock and coloured the leaves and squirrels with some Prismacolor pencils. Then I fussy cut everything out and basically paper pieced the image back together.

Finally, I used the Tiny Cuts die to cut a heart border and added the You Can Do Anything sentiment die cut in smoke grey and layered onto brown fun foam. (and those tiny red hearts are rescued from the border and coloured with a red Copic marker)



I used one of those cute squirrels from My Favorite Nut and the same You Can Do Anything die to create my second design, but this time the sentiment became my focal point with the help from a little bit of colour smooshing.



I also decided to add some bling from the Peacock Feathers Sequin mix and I have a video here showing you how this card came together.

I’ll be back next week with another video and some fun inspiration, I look forward to seeing you then.

4 comments

  1. This is sooooo cute!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute and simple card. I love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous smushed paper for the sentiment, CUTE card! Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top