Awesome Distress Oxide Glazed Resist Card Set


Hi there! It's Cheiron here and today I'm sharing some fun cards that I created with one of my favorite products, stencils. For these cards I used a technique that I learned from Tim Holtz called Distress Oxide Glazed Resist. When I make background panels and play around with inks, I find it best to make multiples since I already have all of the supplies out on my table. 


To do this technique you will need your favorite Neat and Tangled stencils and some Ranger Distress Glaze. I used the Geometric Blooms, Polygon, Swirly Twirly, and Star Simply Stencils. I wanted a round shape as well to add some variety, so I cut the Punchinella die out of Yupo Paper and used it as a stencil. You will put some of the glaze onto a foam blending tool and dab it off onto your craft mat before applying through a stencil onto some Mixed Media Heavystock paper. You want just a very thin layer of the glaze...a little goes a long way! Be sure to clean your stencils with rubbing alcohol when you are all done to remove the glaze from your stencil. 


Here are a few first layers that I made using warmer colors. You can see the glaze I put through the stencil resists the ink. 


Here is another version of my first layers using cool colors. 


Once you are done, pick a different stencil and add another thin layer of Distress Glaze. Then add another layer of Distress Oxides (I went opposites this time and added cool colors onto my warm and vice versa).  You can stop here or continue to build more layers using this technique until you get the desired result. 



Once I was done with all the panels, I die cut the words from the Awesome die set and stamped each card with a different message form the Awesome stamp set to create an entire set of Awesome cards. This one used the Swirly Twirly stencil and Punchinella die. 


This one was made using the Star stencil and Punchinella die. 

I hope you have enjoyed these colorful cards and this fun technique. I always like playing around with new techniques and finding other ways to use my supplies and I hope you will try it out too. Have a great week! 

10 comments

  1. What a great job...I have to learn more about yupo paper and glaze...
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Cheiron, this look is beyond anything I could have imagined. All those layers of lovely colors and the resist and texture - love, love, love it! You taught me to love stencils, but I am afraid something for which I need alcohol to clean (rather than drink!) would simply be too messy for this girl. If anyone can inspire me, you sure can. Thank you and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love those cards! Now I know about the glaze. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fabulous! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful backgrounds. I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top