Maple Leaves in the Spring



Hey everyone!  Miriam here today to share a couple Maple Leaves cards with you.

When I designed the Maple Leaves Journaling Card set and die, I was definitely thinking about Fall, but with Spring in the air, I thought I would revisit them to show how versatile they are.

For my first card, I'm highlighting the stamp set.  I first stamped the image on some white cardstock, and then colored in the background with some Copic markers.

Then I pulled out an older BasicGrey 6x6 pad, Vivienne, and selected four green/yellow-green papers to use to piece the leaves.  I added a bit of shading/coloring to each of the pieced leaves using Copics.



The sentiment is from the Neat & Tangled's Life is Beautiful stamp set.



This next card highlights the die.  It was cut from watercolor paper, and then colored with Distress Markers, actually just two of them, one for the green and one for the blue, and a water brush.  After the initial layer of color on the leaves, I went in and added some highlights with the marker which weren't blended out for some extra texture and to keep some of the color very rich and vibrant.



The Maple Leaves die is a really unique one, which has a combination of cuts and debossing.  When I adhered the die, I left the portions that are cut unadhered, but didn't pop them out like I've done in the past.  It gives the piece a little bit of subtle dimension, but it's still nice and flat for mailing.

That's all for me today.  Hope you've gotten some new ideas on how to take your fall themed products for spring!

3 comments

  1. Hello friends at Neat and Tangled!
    I just wanted to stop by to say a big THANK YOU for being a Super Sponsor for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog. This is a big event, and it wouldn't be possible without awesome and generous sponsors like you. I pray that you will be blessed in return for your act of kindness in the crafting community. It's greatly appreciated.
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you chose for the first card and the colouring on the second card is just divine!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top