January Guest Designer: Dana Fleckenstein

Hi friends! Happy Friday! I'm excited to introduce our guest designer for January, Dana Fleckenstein of Pixels & Glue!  She is crazy talented and she is going to knock your socks off :)
________________________________________

Hello everyone, it's Dana here from pixelsandglue.com. I'm so happy to be guest designing for Neat & Tangled this month! For my first project, I used the fabulous Heart of Gold die to inspire your Valentine's crafts. 
I tend to keep my designs fairly simple and often use bold colors and texture to create interest and the Heart of Gold die fit that bill perfectly. To create this look, you start out with die-cutting two hearts, one from lavender and another from hot pink cardstock. Use a craft pick to pop out all the little triangles from the lavender heart, then add some dots of liquid glue  on the back of the die cut and layered it over the pink heart. Heat emboss a sentiment with Versamark Watermark ink and silver embossing powder on a strip of vellum cardstock and glue it on top of the hearts. While everything is set aside to dry, cut a strip of pattern paper (size: 5.5 x 3.5 inches) and adhere it to your card base. Attach the layered hearts to the card base off center and decorate it with rhinestones. 
My tip if you want to recreate this look: When you layer the die-cuts, only put a little glue in the center. This way you're able to curl the paper up on the edges and create more dimension without the need of foam dots. 

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Dana

7 comments

  1. Love it - so bright and cheerful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...love all the colors as well as the card design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card. I really like it. It's also very colorful. Don't laugh but do you know what the background looks like? Rows of corn kernels! The minute I saw it I thought of my colorful popcorn that I plant. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a yammy colors - beautiful card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow totally awesome card.. i love it

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top