When one image inspires three cards!

Hi there!

Lately I've been a bit low on the ol' mojo front (and low on time too), so I've been turning to Pinterest a lot, to help give me ideas and inspiration.

It's amazing how the smallest element in a photo, can *zing* inspire me to create!

Today I'm sharing three cards I made, inspired by this photo from pinterest:


Now I love the entire scene honestly (I'd love to have it in my house! Look at that aqua typewriter!) but the thing that really stood out, is that fantastic, bright, colourful pom-pom string (or is it little lanterns?!) either way, it's freaking fabulous!

Here is the first card I made, I stayed fairly true to the photo, in that the circular elemetns are on the left side of the card.


As you can see, I also kept the aqua colouring (after this photo I decided to add two TEENY strips of yellow cardstock on either side of the white panel.)

I used Tim Holtz' Distress Paints to create the main panel. I simply rubbed some paint onto my craft sheet (just a thin layer, otherwise the lettering on the stamp gets filled with paint and wont show when you stamp), then rubbed the stamp in the paint, then stamped!

I used Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Broken China. LOVE these colours.

I love how the circles aren't perfect, they're kinda smudgy and smeared inside, but the outside line of the circle is SUPER crisp and clean. Happy Place.

From this card I moved onto this one (while I had all my supplies still out).

Everyday circles_birthday balloons 

I suddenly realised that these circles would make super cute balloons! I'll be doing this again with another technique I've just thought of too (soon!)

Same technique, Distress Paints to stamp, but this time I added the string of the balloons (the swirls from the Fresh Blooms set) and the word 'birthday'.

Finally, I wanted to see how the distress paints would show up on kraft (hah, what did I expect other than FABULOUS?!)

Happy birthday balloons_kraft

Now I decided to add the white gel pen to the words and outline of the circles, purely for a different look. (FYI, you could very clearly see the stamp detail originally, without the white gel pen.)

 OK! well that's it for me, I'd love to hear what kind of inspiration/mojo-boosters you use too!

Thanks so much for looking!

Linda



11 comments

  1. All 3 are fab...love the bright colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card.........simple and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Linda! It is ironic that I was just browsing on Pinterest for ideas to help me make a feminine birthday card before reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! especially on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards ROCK!! For reals....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome designs! Love the balloons especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS cards Linda - LOVE your pinspiration too :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top