Dressing up die cuts

Hello and TGIF friends!

Die cutting is a fun way to add interest to your paper projects, but sometimes plain paper cuts just need a little extra something.  Earlier the week, I needed to make a birthday card for my daughter's friend and nothing says Happy Summer Birthday like ice cream.  So I turned to my trusty Silhouette and die cut a cone and some scoops of ice cream.


Although the cuts look yummy, I still felt they were a bit boring, so I turned to my Neat and Tangled stamps: Sketchy Cupcakes and Little Tangles and added some sprinkles, swirls, and smiley faces. 


From there, I assembled the card. I adhered the scoops and cone to an embossed panel of dark brown cardstock with foam tape.  I stamped the word bubble and sentiment, also from Sketchy Cupcakes onto white cardstock, trimmed and adhered to the card.  I am no artist, but I also drew a little tongue on the orange scoop of ice cream for a little whimsy. 


Just think of all the fun ways you can use your stamps to dress up your die cuts!  That's all for me today!  Thanks for stopping by!

Katie







6 comments

  1. Such a fun tip! And an even cuter card! Love that stacked ice cream cone! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! Love the little tongue you added :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is adorable!!! I love it! I'm sure your daughter's friend loved it too!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-dorable my friend! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top