A Little Peek

Little known fact is that I do scrapbook.  Like my cards, my layouts tend to be very clean and simple, often times involving stamping.  I don't scrap chronologically, meaning I just pick pictures from any point in time that mean a lot to me and do a page or two with them.  So for example, I don't have a book documenting G from birth til now.  I have a book that jumps around from birth to now and back again.  Scrapping chronologically makes me feel pressured for whatever reason.  I prefer to sit down and look at pictures and remember moments and document them in that manner.

I don't really share my pages, but I thought I might start.  I know a lot of card makers that do not scrapbook because the page seems much to big. I feel the same way, so I typically choose a small area of my page to work with rather than trying to fill up the whole thing.  Sometimes I use a few pictures, other times just one.

The page below is one of my very favorite pictures from our wedding.  It is out of focus, clearly candid, and to me brings back all the feelings of the day. The little hearts, and purple flower were both stamped, plus I put to use my hoarded patterned paper.

And yay it's Wednesday! Weekend is almost here. I don't know about where you live, but the weather here is crazy weird. Yesterday it was like 40 degrees, and tomorrow is going to be 70! 

9 comments

  1. WOW--no wonder this is a favorite photo! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout! I like to scrapbook too, but I'm bad at keeping up with it. I don't do mine chronologically either - I usually only do a page if there is a particular picture I like or product that I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following you since last summer I believe and I'm not a comment kinda girl.... but I just had to say...WOW, it's so beautiful in sentiment and simplicity. I have only been making cards for a year, and never considered scrapbooking but your page will make me rethink that and maybe attempt it later this year. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh That photo is simply gorgeous, it'd be my favorite too, it has something special! :) I love the simple layout, it makes the picture pop, I don't scrapbook so thanks for the tips! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo!! One of my favorite wedding photos is a candid one of us walking into the reception. I'm jealous of your scrap booking, I'd love to document so many memories, but it just seems so complicated and daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful LO! I like the idea of trying not to fill up the whole page. I dont scrap on chronological order either, I would probably just give up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful layout! I love that the simplicity just perfectly frames that incredibly gorgeous photo. Wow. Mad love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not into scarpbooking but I can totally relate with your story of staying at home mom.....time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! I love the single photo, stamped background and pop of purple. I scrapbooked first and then stamped. I should combine the two more often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top