Yum.

So, a week or so ago I told you we went to Ikea.

Halfway through our excursion we stopped at the cafe to get lunch.  I just got our table situated, and was walking back to help the husband carry the food when I had an awkward run in with a gentleman.  It was one of those situations where we were both trying to go the same way, but we kept telling each other, "oh no, you go ahead!".  Finally he said, "Go ahead, looks like that baby could come any minute!"

Thanks Guy, but I'm not due for another 2 1/2 months.  Why do people need to comment on the size of a pregnant woman? I honestly don't think I look that pregnant. I'm sure I do look a little larger than usual since I'm small to begin with, but that really wasn't what I wanted to hear when I'm already feeling larger than life.

So what did I do? Baked! I make a mean banana chocolate chip muffin, so I thought I'd share. I gave some to the guys doing the work on the house, and pretty much ate the rest myself.


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
5 very ripe bananas mashed
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips (at the request of my husband I usually do 1 heaping cup)
  • Preheat oven to 350, spray muffin tin or be lazy like me and use the liners
  • Cream together butter and brown sugar; add eggs and bananas mixing well
  • In larger bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in creamed mixture until just moist.
  • Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Fill muffin tins about 2/3 way full. 
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
  • Eat a lot

They'll look a little something like this:

Disclaimer- If you gain 5 pounds it's not my fault.

3 comments

  1. Ooh! I love the new blog, Danielle! I've been out of town and now I'm trying to catch on my 277 posts on my reader! Those muffins sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing irked me more than when everyone wanted to tell me that I was about to pop everyday. Or when people would say "oh there's that basketball I lost!" They thought they were funny, but I thought otherwise.

    The blog looks great!! I haven't stopped by in a few, but I'm loving the new look :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that guy said that to you! I've been getting comments like that too occasionally like, "Wow, you've really dropped, you must be having that baby any day now" and the worst was the other day when we walked into a restaurant and the greeter said, "Wow, you must be really hungry" and "I better open both doors for you!" I don't know what people are thinking sometimes! Fortunately, a lot of people have been really nice too and I try to stay focused on the nice comments! :)

    And thanks for the recipe you provided. It looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top