Lawnscapings - One Layer Magic

One layer card, what's that? You mean I can't use foam dimensionals? Paper piecing? Yikes. Well that was the challenge at Lawnscapings this go round and I was determined to play along. 

I even tried to cheat and give my card the appearance of some depth by using my T1 copic to shade around the heart, but I swear to you there is only one layer going on here.  Sidenote - using Black Soot Distress Ink and blending when you have a big white space (and want to keep it white) is dangerous stuff. I almost had a disaster on my hands when I dropped the foam blender right on top of the heart, but by some miracle no black ink transfered. It also took me a hundred tries to draw a heart that looked somewhat symmetrical, and then cut it out smooth enough so when I used it to mask off that space it didn't look like a 2 year old did it.




As flat and one layered as it gets!

Well, I am off to enjoy this fine Friday. Hope you all do to! Any exciting plans?

Supplies Used

7 comments

  1. I think you have done an amazing job with the one layer challenge! I haven't played along yet but I have an idea, just waiting and hoping some new Quinn's ABC's show up in the mail in time to play along. I love the white heart with the grey soot distress ink around it. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, hello. This is brilliant!!!!!!! I love all the dimension you added and managed to keep it one layer..... Love the black soot and the blue letters!!! And I applaud you for being able to get that heart masked on there. I can not free hand or cut shapes without a template and even then, it looks like a 2 year old did it! This is fantastic! THANK YOU for stepping outside of the comfort zone and playing along with us!!! I love itl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!! It looks layered to me, which is just brilliant.

    thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you've done this, so clever that it's one layer, if you hadn't shown the side I wouldn't have believed you lol. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous, Danielle! You rocked this challenge. Love the gray and teal together. Thanks so much for playing along at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out just beautiful - I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winner the Lawnscaping Challenge! Your card is really nice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top